What is the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)?
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides individuals age 55 and older with opportunities to share their knowledge, experiences, abilities and skills to improve their community and themselves through service to their community.
Join RSVP and join over 500,000 senior volunteers across the country that are addressing tough issues in their community. With RSVP, you choose how and where you want to serve. You choose the amount of time you want to give and whether you want to draw on your skills or develop new ones. In short, you find the opportunity that's right for you.
A Range of Opportunities
RSVP offers a full range of volunteer opportunities with thousands of local and national non profit organizations. Her are some of the benefits you will gain from participating.
- It cost nothing to join RSVP. It's FREE!
- RSVP promotes and provides volunteer opportunities for seniors' to
use their life experiences to improve lives and meet critical community
- RSVP provides free supplemental insurance while on duty.
- RSVP offers entrance to special events, tours, trips, dances, picnics
- You can be a part of great outreach programs in your community.
- RSVP allows you to "network" with other seniors in your
- Studies show that volunteering helps you live longer and promote a positive outlook on life.
RSVP = Results!
Whatever you choose to do, you'll be making a real difference. Stronger families. Safer communities. With RSVP, you'll see tangible outcomes and learn firsthand how your contributions can change your community.
Everyone age 55 or older is eligible to become a RSVP volunteer with no restrictions based on disability, education, income or experience.